I'm sorry I love you

27 de marzo de 2008

Post monográfico dedicado a tí, porque sí.

Dance with me my old friend
once before we go
Let's pretend this song won't end
and we never have to go home
and we'll dance among the chandeliers
And nothing matters when we're dancing
In tat or tatters you're entrancing
Be we in Paris or in Lansing
nothing matters when we're dancing

You've never been more beautiful
your eyes like two full moons
As here in this poor old dancehall
among the dreadful tunes
the awful songs we don't even hear...


I will stay if you let me stay and I'll go if you let go but I won't go far
away because you're my only home I will hide what you want hidden and I'll
roam if you say roam but I'd just as soon you didn't because you're my only
home When you cancel dinner plans When you cross the street and you don't
take my hand When you make impossible demands I wish I didn't understand, but...


There are two kinds of people:
a) my love and I
b) other
two kinds of people:
1) the gray
and 2) me and my love
All people fall into two camps
that ever twain shall be:
those lost in darkness without lamps,
and then,
my love and me...


Before you left your garrison
you'd had a drink, maybe two
You don't remember Paris, hon
but it remembers you
It's true, we flew to Paris, dear
aboard an Army jet
the night you can't remember
the night I can't forget
You said I was terrific, it
meant zilch to you, ah, but I
have our marriage certificate
'n I'll keep it till I die
You were an Army officer
and I just a Rockette
the night you can't remember
the night I can't forget
No rose conveyed your sentiments
not even a petunia
but you've got vague presentiments
and I've got little Junior
You said, Nobody loves me
and I said, wanna bet?
the night you can't remember
the night I can't forget


"Nada importa mientras bailamos"
"No me iré lejos, pues eres mi único hogar"
"Hay dos tipos de gente: mi amor y yo, y los demás""Tu dijiste 'nadie me quiere', yo dije '¿apostamos?'

1 comentarios:

C dijo...

Hola Alicia.
Espero que te vaya todo bien.
C.
(de vez en cuando me encuentro con las reseñas de discos tu hermano, que leo con gusto!)